This Carrot Cake Smoothie Bowl features a Cinnamon + Carrot Smoothie base with sweet and salty toppings. A refreshing and nourishing treat for breakfast or brunch!
My favorite season is definitely Fall. I love the crisp air, the leaves changing colors, but most importantly - the food. Today I'm sharing this healthy and refreshing vegan Carrot Cake Smoothie Bowl that's fit for Fall.
Carrot Cake Inspired
The Cinnamon + Carrot smoothie that came in my Daily Harvest box was calling my name, so I turned it into a smoothie bowl with toppings that give me Fall feels.
It tastes like a mix between carrot cake, pumpkin bread, and a chai latte. It's fresh enough for summer, with all the comfort of fall food.
This recipe features Daily Harvest but it is not sponsored. I was given the opportunity to try these for a work project. When I partner with brands that I love, you'll always see a note and my honest opinion.
Now, let's chat more about this tasty breakfast.
What are the benefits?
Pumpkin + Sunflower Seeds
It's loaded with seeds for all the anti-inflammatory + skin benefits. Pumpkin seeds are a fantastic source of zinc, which is necessary for both clear skin and a healthy immune system. Sunflower seed butter is high in selenium, which fights inflammation and infection.
Coconut + Cinnamon
Coconut shreds provide 15% of daily recommended manganese, which helps regulate blood sugar and improves bone health. Ceylon cinnamon also regulates blood sugar and supports immune health.
Carrots + Sweet Potato
For a skin boost, this is loaded with Vitamin A. Vitamin A plays a huge role in beautiful skin - every day I eat yellow and orange vegetables to improve my natural glow, like carrots, bell pepper, and sweet potato.
This recipe is:
- refined sugar-free
Recipe tools + ingredients:
- Food processor
- Daily Harvest Carrot + Cinnamon
- Coconut milk
- Coconut flakes
- Pumpkin seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Hemp seeds
- Sunflower butter
How to make:
I don't recommend making the base in advance because it will begin to melt. For the best consistency, prep right before eating. However, you can combine the toppings in a container to save time.
Although it tastes super fresh, it tastes much more like ice cream or dessert than vegetables. If you're trying to add more vegetables to your diet, this is a great place to start.
Yes! Almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, and hemp milk would all work well. As for toppings, you can definitely swap out or add more. Other ideas include chia seeds, raw sunflower seeds, pumpkin pie spice, or almond butter.
If you try this carrot cake smoothie bowl recipe, please leave a comment and rate it below. Would love to hear what you think and if you make any adjustments.
Carrot Cake Smoothie Bowl
- 1 Daily Harvest Carrot + Cinnamon Smoothie Ingredients: banana, carrots, dates, walnuts, sweet potato, chia seeds, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla bean
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 banana sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes unsweetened
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds raw
- 2 tsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 sprinkle cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sunflower seed butter or nut butter
- Open smoothie cup and add coconut milk, leaving an inch of space at the top. Add smoothie to food processor and blend on high until fully mixed. Pour into serving bowl.
- Top with banana and coconut flakes. Add pumpkin seeds, cacao nibs, and hemp seeds.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and drizzle sunflower seed butter.
- When adding the coconut milk, remember to leave an inch of space at the top of the Daily Harvest cup for a thick smoothie bowl consistency.
- If you have a blender such as a Vitamix, you can use that to blend the base. I don't recommend blenders such as the Nutribullet that are upside-down. You'll have to add more liquid to blend and the consistency won't be as thick.