Cinnamon Mini Pancake Cereal is the cutest breakfast trend! This healthy, grain-free version is filling and delicious. Extra time on a weekend morning? This is the recipe you need.
Have you seen the cute mini pancake cereal trend? I’m a huge fan of mini anything, and have made tiny pancakes for years.
When we first adopted Stella, I made pancakes and she loved the smell so much that she followed me around with my plate. Ever since, she gets a little one. No, she doesn’t actually eat it but it’s cute ok? Evidence here.
For best results with tiny pancakes, use a Pancake Mix like Think.Eat.Live’s. But I love a challenge we’re making the cutest little grain-free, gluten-free, protein-packed breakfast from scratch. To really embrace the trend, we’re making pancakes inspired by cinnamon crunch cereal.
I used Think.Eat.Live’s (code ‘PLANTIVORE’ for 10% off) Sunflour – the only ingredient is sunflower seeds. It’s a nut-free substitute for Almond Flour with tons of extra protein. Sunflower seeds are anti-inflammatory and have beauty benefits. Beautifying pancakes? Goals.
This recipe is:
- refined sugar-free
Tools + Ingredients:
- Sunflour (code PLANTIVORE for 10% discount)
- Coconut flour
- Chia seeds
- Baking powder
- Maple syrup
- Coconut milk
- Vanilla extract
- Sea salt
Pancake mix will give you the best results. You can also use GF flour or almond flour.
Flip the pancakes when the bubbles pop. Since they’re smaller pancakes, they will cook quickly. Keep an eye on them!
You can use a piping bag or ziplock bag (cut a hole in the corner). You can also make tiny pancakes with a spoon, it will just take a bit longer.
More Cinnamon Recipes:
If you try this cinnamon mini pancake cereal recipe, please leave a comment and rate it below. Would love to hear what you think and what flour you use!
Cinnamon Mini Pancake Cereal (Grain-Free & Vegan)
- ½ cup sunflower seed flour or almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 banana ripe + mashed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoon filtered water for chia egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Mix 2 cups of pancake batter (any mix or homemade). For the above homemade recipe, prep chia egg first by mixing chia seeds and water. Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients, mix well.
- Pour batter into condiment bottle or piping bag.
Heat your non-stick pan over medium heat, add 2 teaspoon vegan butter or coconut oil.
- Once pan is hot, make small pancakes about the size of a quarter.
- When the pancake bubbles pop, they’re ready to flip!
- Let the other side cook briefly for a minute, then remove from heat.
- Place in cereal bowl and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Drizzle maple syrup and enjoy your pancake cereal!
- If you don’t have a condiment bottle or piping bag, try pouring into a zip-top bag and snipping off a corner with scissors.
- You can also use an egg replacer instead of a chia egg.