These Vegan Bourbon Pecan Chocolate Chunk Cookies are gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and vegan. These cookies are perfect for holidays, like Valentine’s Day or a birthday!
This cookie recipe was a huge hit with Jimmy! They’re the perfect combination of crispy and chewy. The addition of toasted pecans and bourbon adds a fun twist.
If you have a gluten allergy, be sure to use a gluten-free bourbon (or a whiskey will work too). You can also skip the alcohol.
My go-to tip for leftover cookies? Heat them up in the microwave for ~10 seconds, and they’ll taste like they just came out of the oven. Try serving these with vanilla coconut milk ice cream!
This recipe is:
- vegan + vegetarian
- refined sugar-free
Yes, you can make these without the added alcohol.
I love Hu chocolate. They’re sweetened with coconut sugar and have no unnecessary chemical add-ins.
Personally, I’ve tried several vegan butters and this is the best taste by far. You can feel free to try another vegan butter, but I think Miyokos adds an extra richness and creaminess to the recipe.
Vegan Bourbon Pecan Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 cup gluten-free 1:1 flour
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon ground
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon bourbon gluten-free
- 1 chia egg or Bob's egg replacer chia egg = 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 3 tablespoon water
- 2 vegan dark chocolate bars chopped
- 2 oz vegan butter (¼ Miyokos package) room temperature (remove from fridge for 5-10 min)
- ⅓ cup whole pecans
- 2 oz vegan butter (¼ Miyokos package)
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Prep caramelized pecans first by heating butter over medium heat with pecan pieces. Stir for about 5 minutes until toasted. Once toasted, turn off heat and let cool.
- Prep chia egg in small bowl and chop chocolate bars unto chunks. Set aside.
- Combine gluten-free flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and ⅛ teaspoon of the salt and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut sugar, vanilla extract, bourbon, chia egg, and room temp vegan butter. Use an electric mixer to whip on high until fully mixed.
- Fold the flour mixture into the bowl, stir using a rubber baking spatula until fully mixed. Add caramelized pecan mixture and chocolate chunks, then stir again.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop 2-3 tablespoon of batter, then form into a large cookie in your hand and press onto the parchment paper. These cookies will not spread much, but leave about 1 inch between cookies.
- Use the whole pecans to decorate the tops of cookies, then sprinkle lightly with the other pinch of sea salt or use finishing salt flakes.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the edges are golden. Let cool on a cooling rack for 10-15 minutes to allow the middle of the cookies to firm. Enjoy!
- For 1:1 gluten-free flour brands, I recommend Namaste or Bob’s Cup for Cup.
- Bourbon can be omitted or substituted for whiskey.
- For pecan pieces, you can place whole pecans in a ziplock and crush with a mallet or something heavy.