Easily create your favorite refreshing Indian drink at home with this creamy vegan Mango Lassi recipe! Simply blend a few ingredients and enjoy.
Years ago, I first tried Mango Lassi at an Indian restaurant and was immediately obsessed with the sweet mango drink.
Mango Lassi is a yogurt-based smoothie traditionally made with dairy. It’s creamy and refreshing with a hint of tartness thanks to the yogurt.
Today we’ve making a dairy-free, vegan version that tastes even more delicious… and it’s so easy to make. All you need are 5 simple ingredients! No need to miss out on this delicious drink if you avoid dairy.
Enjoy this fresh drink first thing in the morning as a healthy breakfast smoothie. It’s a great source of vitamin C and A (Health).
This recipe is:
- vegan + vegetarian
- refined sugar-free
Traditional mango lassi is dairy-based, but we’re making this vegan thanks to dairy-free milk and yogurt!
Yes, you can use a fresh ripe mango. Frozen mango will make the drink colder and give it a thicker smoothie texture.
I have tried nearly every vegan yogurt and my favorite is the Lavva brand. I also like the Cocojune brand. For this recipe, it’s important to use a yogurt where you love the yogurt taste by itself. Use mango or plain yogurt for this recipe.
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup mango yogurt vegan
- ½ cup plant-based milk coconut or pili nut
- ½ tsp coconut sugar
- 1 pinch ground cardamom optional
- Blend all ingredients on high in a blender until fully mixed. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint!
- Use mango yogurt or plain yogurt. My favorite brand is Lavva. The yogurt makes a big impact on taste, so I recommend using one that you like the taste by itself.
- For milk, I used Lavva’s that is pili nut based. Coconut milk would work well too.
- The cardamom is optional, but I recommend using a small pinch (less than ⅛ tsp)