This healthy homemade no-knead, grain-free bread is packed with fiber. Enjoy it toasted and topped with avocado, nut butter, or vegan mozzarella.
This bread was born out of the quarantine stage where everyone you know was baking homemade bread. I definitely wasn’t about to miss a baking opp, but bread without gluten, grains, dairy, eggs, flax, and yeast? Sounds impossible.
After experimenting, I created a delicious recipe to share with you — it’s SO good. This healthy, grain-free, vegan bread has the perfect texture and crispy crust.
This classic bread is here just in time for fall baking (!!), my favorite time of the year. Turns out baking your own healthy bread is easy, but so is eating the whole loaf (are we surprised?).
Why high-fiber? Fiber is so important for gut health and digestion, so I included a lot of chia seeds. Not only does fiber help your digestion, but it directly correlates with your skin health. When toxins aren’t flushed out of our body, they can excrete through our skin and cause rashes or breakouts.
Chia seeds are packed with nutrients. Just two tablespoons of chia seeds is nearly half the daily recommended fiber intake. I also used psyllium husk in this bread, which is another amazing fiber source.
Given that this recipe is yeast-free, this bread doesn’t rise like a typical loaf of bread. It’s still perfect for avocado toast, sunflower butter toast, and mini-sandwiches.
Highly recommend toasting this bread before eating! It adds an extra crunch and warmth.
This recipe is:
- vegan + vegetarian
- refined sugar-free
It’s also high fiber, grain free, and low carb.
Tools + Ingredients:
- Parchment paper
- Loaf pan
- Almond flour + coconut flour
- Baking powder
- Chia seeds
- Psyllium husk
- Sea salt
- Coconut oil
- Coconut milk
- Maple syrup
Yes! I recommend slicing it first, then freezing the slices.
Try substituting sunflower seed flour or oat flour for the almond flour.
Anything! I love toasting the bread before serving. Enjoy it topped with vegan butter, as avocado toast, or as a caprese sandwich.
More Bread Recipes:
If you try this Homemade High Fiber Bread recipe, please leave a comment and rate it below. Would love to hear what you think!
Homemade No-Knead Classic Bread (Grain-Free, High-Fiber)
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon psyllium husk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1½ cups coconut milk (add 1 tablespoon more after mixing if needed)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 5 tablespoon water chia eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°, line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Prep chia eggs and set aside.
- Mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, psyllium husk, dry chia seeds, and salt.
- Mix the coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, and chia eggs to combine. Pour into the dry ingredients, mix well. If your dough feels a little dry, add 1 tablespoon coconut milk. Let dough set for 15 minutes.
- Pack dough into loaf pan, then bake for 40-50 minutes until golden brown. Use a toothpick or fork to test that the middle is baked through – it should come out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- I recommend storing leftovers in the fridge, or you can also slice it up and freeze it.
Leave a Reply