This gluten-free + vegan Cinnamon Raisin Banana Bread is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Enjoy this sweet breakfast treat made without oil or refined sugar.
One of my all-time favorite flavors is cinnamon raisin. A warm, sweet slice of cinnamon raisin bread with butter makes my heart happy.
A good vegan + gluten-free bread can be hard to find, let alone a cinnamon raisin version! Whenever I miss something from the B.G. days (before gluten), I go on a mission to recreate the ultimate healthy version.
I love adding cinnamon to anything sweet since it aids in balancing blood sugar. This bread is also PACKED with fiber, between the sunflower seed flour and chia seeds.
Gotta pat myself on the back with this recipe – it’s a keeper. The texture was perfect, with browned edges and a soft center. You would never know it’s grain-free and refined sugar-free.
I have a hunch that this batter would make great muffins too. Haven’t tried it yet, but I do have a whole bag of raisins to use so it’s next on the agenda.
For this bread, I recommend storing it in the fridge for a few days and then freezing it beyond that – if you have the willpower to save it beyond a few days, I’ll be majorly impressed.
Jimmy isn’t even a cinnamon raisin fan, yet somehow half my loaf disappeared…? Total mystery.
This recipe is:
- vegan + vegetarian
- refined sugar-free
Tools + ingredients:
- Parchment paper
- Loaf pan
- Almond flour
- Sunflower seed flour (code ‘PLANTIVORE’ for 10% off)
- Maple syrup
- Baking powder
- Sea salt
- Chia seeds
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut milk
How to make:
This bread is delicious by itself, and I like to heat it up in the toaster oven before eating it. I love topping a slice with vegan butter or sunflower seed butter (and extra cinnamon, of course), or pairing it with my carrot cake smoothie bowl.
Try substituting sunflower seed flour for the almond flour. I would recommend 1.5 cups sunflower seed flour and .5 cup coconut flour.
Yes! I recommend slicing it first, and then freezing it. I would leave it in the fridge for 4-6 days, then freeze beyond that (but I doubt you’ll have leftovers for that long!).
If you try this Cinnamon Raisin Banana Bread recipe, please leave a comment and rate it below. Would love to hear what you think!
Vegan Cinnamon Raisin Banana Bread
- 3 bananas ripe + mashed
- 1 cup sunflower seed flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon plus more for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- ⅓ cup water for chia egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 3 tablespoon coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350º and line loaf pan with parchment paper. Mix water and chia seeds to form chia eggs, set aside for 5 min.
- Mash bananas with a whisk or fork.
- Combine mashed bananas, maple syrup, chia eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine almond flour, sunflour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and raisins. Mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix again.
- Batter should be thick and moist. Add coconut milk for added moisture and mix.
- Mix well, batter should be thick and spongy.
- Split batter into 2 equal sections. Add the first half of batter to the loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle cinnamon, then add second batter layer on top and spread until flat and even. Top with more cinnamon.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, check with a toothpick to ensure it's fully cooked in the center. Set for 10 minutes on a cooling rack (this is important!).
- Slice bread and serve warm, sprinkled with cinnamon.
- Grain-free, vegan baked goods can be fragile, so it’s very important to cool for 10 minutes prior to slicing so it can set.
- Highly recommend toasting this bread in the toaster oven prior to eating – it’s delicious warm.