These Baked Mint Chocolate Donuts combine donuts, brownies, and whoopie pies into one delicious treat. High in protein and fiber, they’re gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free.
It’s been an endless search to find healthy, allergy-friendly donuts! I’m talking years without a really good donut (which honestly should be a crime). We all know… if you want something done right, do it yourself. That’s my motto for healthy desserts.
Enter my baked mint chocolate brownie donuts that are decadent, yet fresh and light. Mint chocolate is my go-to flavor for anything! These will give you ALL the Thin Mint cookie vibes.
Mint chocolate is the perfect year-round flavor. Not only is it ideal for the holidays like Christmas, but the mint is light enough for spring and summer too.
The donuts themselves are made from a rich chocolate batter with an incredibly fluffy texture. The creamy mint frosting filling has a secret… it’s crafted from an avocado, but you’d never know!
Unlike traditional donuts, there’s no messy (and unhealthy) frying involved. Just bake them in the oven and enjoy!
This recipe is:
- vegan + vegetarian
- refined sugar-free
Tools + ingredients:
- Donut pans
- Think.Eat.Live’s Brownie Mix (Amazon) or (Think.Eat.Live use code: PLANTIVORE for a 10% discount)
Yes, you can use a flax egg or an egg replacer like Bob’s Red Mill.
Yes, I love spearmint but I would recommend peppermint oil if you can get it. Most people find that spearmint oil can taste similar to the flavor of gum.
Mint Chocolate Brownie Donuts
- ½ bag Think Eat Live Sunflour Brownie Mix about ¾ cup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoon filtered water for chia egg
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mint Frosting Filling
- ½ avocado
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease donut pan with vegan butter. Prepare chia egg by mixing chia seeds and water, set aside.
- Combine applesauce, vanilla extract, and chia egg. Add brownie mix and stir until fully mixed. Pour batter into donut pan (should make 6 donuts). Bake for 15 minutes.
- Scoop out the inside of the avocado, then whip in a small bowl until all lumps are gone. Add vanilla extract, peppermint extract, cacao powder, coconut sugar, and whip again. Set filling in fridge for 10+ minutes.
- Remove donuts from oven and cool for 10 minutes. Use a knife to gently loosen donuts and pop them out from pan, then cool for 5 more minutes on cooling rack.
- Once cool, spread frosting on top of a donut, then top with another donut. Sprinkle with a pinch of cacao powder and garnish with mint leaves or berries.
really good doughnuts. They were fluffy and frosting was tasty