Dessert boards are the way to go, whether you’re impressing a crowd or just want a special treat for yourself. This healthy Dessert CharCUTErie Board is fun and easy to create.
Dessert platters are the best idea because there’s something for everyone! Whether you’re craving a dessert that’s rich or fresh, this dessert board has it all.
This board was inspired by a red, pink, and brown color palette. It’s perfect for birthdays or a holiday like Valentine’s Day. You can create dessert boards for any theme like Christmas, date night, celebrations, 4th of July, Halloween… just pick an occasion!
When creating a beautiful dessert board, plan out where you’d like to place each item. Select a variety of 3-4 larger items and 4-6 smaller ingredients to fill gaps.
My Chocolate Sugar Cookies and Pink Whipped Cream Frosting were larger items, along with a bowl of pomegranate seeds and a vegan chocolate almond butter tart. Use small bowls or ramekins for messy items or any dips!
After placing those items, I filled in the leftover spaces with various fruits and squares from my favorite Hu chocolate bar.
If you don’t have all of these ingredients, don’t worry! You can improvise and include your favorite ingredients based on your board’s theme. Have fun with it and get creative!
THIS RECIPE IS:
- vegan + vegetarian
- refined sugar-free
HOW TO MAKE:
A charcuterie board is typically filled with a variety of appetizers, but the dessert version has become very popular! You can use homemade dessert, store-bought, or a mix.
Add any desserts you like! Bonus points if it can easily be picked up like slices of fruit or pieces of candy.
You can store this dessert board in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it! The cookies can be warmed up for 10-15 seconds in the microwave before serving if you’d like.
Healthy Dessert Charcuterie Board
- 1 batch Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup Whipped Cream Frosting in a small bowl
- 1 chocolate tart Hail Merry
- 1 chocolate bar broken into pieces
- 1 package strawberries rinsed
- 1 package raspberries rinsed
- 1 red apple sliced
- 1 package pomegranate seeds in a small bowl
- 1 grapefruit sliced
- 5 flowers optional
- Prepare all ingredients and get out your charcuterie board. Begin to plan out where you would like to place each item.
- Start with the larger items – a stack of chocolate sugar cookies, bowl of pomegranate seeds, chocolate tart, and bowl of pink whipped cream frosting. Spread them out on the dessert board.
- Fill in spaces around large items with smaller items. Add strawberries and raspberries as a border. Add apple slices with red skin facing up. Add grapefruit slices. Add chocolate squares.
- Garnish dessert board with flowers to add an extra pop of color. Serve and enjoy!
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies Recipe
- Pink Whipped Cream Frosting Recipe
- For fruit, I always recommend organic when available.
- Packages of pomegranate seeds are less messy, but you can remove the seeds from a pomegranate if you prefer.
- If you can’t find a chocolate tart, try adding chocolate candy.
This is so cute! Definitely will need to try this soon.