This nutrient-packed Pumpkin Pie smoothie is the perfect fall treat. It tastes like creamy pumpkin pie filling, but has a serving of hidden spinach inside. Enjoy for breakfast, snacks, or dessert!
October is here!(!!!!) I love October so much -- between the brisk cool weather, the spooky movie marathons, and of course, the food. I hope you're ready for pumpkin-spiced everything because I'm baking and cooking up a storm.
If you're looking to ease into October, this smoothie is for you. It's simple and quick, and I would take one over a PSL any day.
This Pumpkin Pie Smoothie tastes like actual pumpkin pie, but it's so refreshing and hydrating. The pumpkin purée and spinach blend provides tons of Vitamin A while tasting like a cool and creamy milkshake. Perfect if you live somewhere that it's still warm!
With October also comes our proposal anniversary (proposal-versary?)... since we're now less than a year out from our wedding, I'm spending a lot of time on planning! Planning a wedding from across the country in 2020 is a challenge, but the Jeremiah Brent in me is handling it well.
Any other brides-to-be out there? I'll share our wedding menu and tips on how I'm planning a wedding with gluten-free, plant-based food options. Let me know if there's anything else you want to see before we tie the knot next September!
This recipe is:
- vegan + vegetarian
- refined sugar-free
A ripe, frozen banana will make the smoothie sweet and creamy. Don't forget to peel first, then freeze in a container! If you don't have a frozen banana, you can add a handful of ice cubes but it won't be as creamy.
Yes, you can store it in the fridge in a mason jar for up to 2 days. Shake it before drinking.
Try adding 1 tbsp of chia seeds or hemp seeds for added fiber and protein.
More Smoothie Recipes:
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- ⅔ cup coconut milk
- ⅓ cup pure pumpkin purée canned
- 1 banana frozen
- 1 tbsp sunflower seed butter any nut or seed butter
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup spinach loosely packed
- Add ingredients to blender in the order above, then blend on high. Option to garnish with crushed pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, or coconut whip for dessert!
- The frozen banana will create the best creamy consistency. If you don't have a frozen banana, use a banana but add 6 ice cubes.
- You can substitute the coconut milk for any plant-based milk (almond, cashew, oat, macadamia, etc).
- Use pure pumpkin purée with no added ingredients.